tetris » facts
• Tetris has even been played on the sides of buildings! The record for the world's largest working game of Tetris belongs to the Dutch students of the Delft University of Technology, who in 1995, lit up 15 floors of their Electrical Engineering Department.
• In 2006, Honda released an awesome commercial for the Honda Jazz in Europe where pieces of furniture and luggage were organized to fit like Tetriminos into the trunk of the vehicle.
• Have someone teach you how to play Tetris! In 2009, Tetris training lessons were advertised on Craigslist in Vancouver, Canada offering sessions for beginners and more advanced players.
• Even artists love Tetris! In January 2009, an outdoor art exhibit in Sydney, Australia featured giant Tetrimino sculptures that lit up the corridors of Abercrombie Lane.
• Over 35 million units of the Tetris game were sold for the original Gameboy platform.
• Tetris games are played in over 185 countries representing 95% coverage of the World - now that's a Global Brand!
• The Tetris game is currently translated into more than 50 languages.
• The Tetris game has been released on over 50 platforms.
• Hundreds of millions of Tetris products have been sold.
• As of April 2011, the Tetris game has surpassed 132 million paid mobile downloads -- making it one of the best-selling mobile games ever.
• Tetris is the #1 game on the top two mobile carriers in the U.S. Tetris is present on nearly every gaming platform worldwide, electronic & online (at least 50).
• Tetris has launched on numerous popular platforms on their launch day including:
• iPad (April 2010)
• Windows Phone 7 (October 2010)
• RIM Blackberry PlayBook (March 2011)
• Sony Ericsson Xperia (May 2011)
• Tetris Battle on Facebook
• 1.6 million+ players daily.
• 6 million+ players monthly.
• 23 million+ games played daily.
• Recently surpassed 3 billion games played for 2011.
• Listed as one of the top 20 gaming applications on Facebook, based on DAU (currently #16).
• Over 500 million matches have been played since the launch of TETRIS LEAGUE in Japan.
• The Tetris brand recently announced 12 new product categories in merchandise licensing.
Source 1 and Source 2
© Russian Blocks 2011
♥ Layout by Green Hype